Bloomingdale Neighborhood Association
The Official Website of the Bloomingdale Community
Community Volunteer Registry
Give back to your community; become a BNA Volunteer
The volunteer spirit is alive and well in the Bloomingdale Community. In 2013, the Bloomingdale Neighborhood Association (BNA) created a community volunteer registry, whereby those wanting to give back to the community sign up to be contacted for volunteer opportunities. In addition, the program helps our local high school students by providing community service hours to meet Florida’s Bright Future Scholarship requirements.
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Spring Clean-up: An annual event where residents in Bloomingdale are provided with free bulk trash drop-off within the community. This is a one-time Saturday event offering 5-8 community service hours for high school students. Volunteers help with set-up, off-loading vehicles, and site tear-down.
- (Inactive) Annual Golf Tournament Fundraiser: This Spring-time event will require pre- and post-tournament tasks such as bag-stuffing, and site set-up and tear-down. Community service hours will be between 3 and 8 hours.
- Santa Visit: Held annually, this event provides high school students with at least 6 community service hours as they help Santa and Mrs. Claus bring holiday cheer to our community.
- (Inactive) Fall Festival: Held the last weekend in October or first weekend in November, this event is a celebration of our community. 25 Volunteers can expect to earn 4-8 CS hours during this one-day event. Tasks include greeting visitors, face-painting, running games for children, and more.
- Project Support: From time to time, the BNA is involved with projects where volunteers are needed to distribute flyers, stuff envelopes, and for additional event support. CS hours will vary.
- Easter Bunny Visit: Held annually, this event provides high school students with at least 6 community service hours
- Campo YMCA Trunk or Treat: Fun event to earn about 6 hours including bag-stuffing on a separate day
These are just a few ways that volunteers can support our community. With an average of 250 registered volunteers, the registry is growing, but volunteers are always needed and welcomed. If you would like to become a BNA volunteer and make our community a better place to live, work, and call home, contact the BNA office at 813-681-2051/252-0252 or by email at email@example.com